Sunday, June 20, 2010

Just say "Yes!"

Ahhhhhhhhh . .. .a beautiful Father's Day end to a beautiful weekend. I love summer.

There's nothing better than popsicle-sticky chins, late nights with friends, lazy days at the pool, lightningbugs and every other possible wonderful moment of sunshine.

Summer has a bad history of zooming right by us. From the time we are kids it seems the moment we walk out of school and into the warm promise of the high season we just as swiftly find ourselves back in the schoolroom.

Hair brushed a little too hard and straight. The cracking sound of opening this year's new books. Yeesh. What happened to my tangled blonde hair? What happened to evening ice cream trips with dad?

So I am starting (for myself) a summer revolt. I'm going to take the day off when I feel like sitting by the pool for a day. I'm going to let the dishes sit overnight so I can sit outside with my wine and listen to the locusts. I'm not going to check my email so often, in favor of taking the kids for a summer evening stroll.

I am reclaiming summer.

Summer is for lovers-of life.

I love summer.

2 comments:

  1. summer is great, IF you have air-conditioning in your car :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt.
    The volkswagon air is totally bunk - the Germans clearly cannot grasp the concept of a 90 degree day in KY. I know you can vouch for Volvo's cheap ac, too. See what I mean? Swedes don't get it either!
    I'm convinced that only the Americans and the Japanese have cracked the code.

    ReplyDelete